Monday, December 10, 2012

A True Eye Opener

November 30th 2012, Hill Country Politics wrote a touching post about Christmas shopping. The article was well presented and opened my eye to a reality I was completely unaware of this holiday season. The author writes in an unbias way and simply states if Americans bought their gifts from made in America shops then America would have 200,000 more jobs.

I know when I am Christmas, birthday, anniversary shopping I honestly do not look at the made in ... tag. The way the author of this post sheds light on the situation really makes you stop and think, hmm am I one of those shoppers. As Americans we sit here and complain that there are  not enough jobs and unemployment rates are so high. Yet how many people are even aware that this could be solved by buying products made by our own people.

I would give the author a grade of A, I have never been so intrigued by a simple article. As I continue my Christmas shopping I will be aware of the products I am buying and the people I am buying from. This article will make me stop and think could i find this product at a local shop. Maybe I can even make the gift more personal. I mean thats what Christmas is about right not the gift but the love and though t that goes into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment